|Head brewer Karl is on the right|
A couple of weeks ago I attended the latest "meet the brewer" night at Source Deli in Ormskirk. This time it was Liverpool Organic Brewery's turn and head brewer Karl Ctritchey was there to talk us through a good selection of their bottled ales. The evening started at 8pm with an audience of around twenty people. We worked our way through a half of each bottle and my 'baron rating' bowls were used so that we could get a feel for how each beer was going down.
Here's the running order of the beers (with baron ratings where appropriate):
- 24 Caret Gold [baron rating 4/5]
- Honey Blond [baron rating 4/5]
- Best Bitter [baron rating 4/5]
- Josephine Butler (brand new, we were the first to try it!)
- ShipWreck IPA [baron rating 5/5]
- Imperial Russian Stout [baron rating 5/5]
Here are the 'baron rating' scores that people voted for:
|24 Caret Gold||0||12||6||2||0|
|Imperial Russian Stout||4||8||3||3||0|
Thanks to Source Deli for putting on a great night and thanks so much to Karl from Liverpool Organic Brewery for taking the time to talk to us and share some of his beers.